Advocacy skills are a powerful tool for leaders to build camaraderie and prompt action. On a personal level, it is important that we speak up for yourself and for things that matter to us.If you don't stand up for yourself, who will?
If you don't your work life can suffer. Common side effects include stress, anxiousness, feeling burnt out and being unhappy. Let's get started on this resolution:
1. Get to know you - what do you like, what are you passionate about, what don't you like doing, what are your strengths, what's your career aspirations?
2. Start to share your thoughts and feelings
3. Ask for what you need and want
4. It is okay to ask for help or accommodations
5. Take responsibility for the choices you make
You Got This! Make self-advocacy a goal!